National Information Technology Agency (NITA)
The National Information Technology Agency is a public service institution established by Act 771 in 2008 as the ICT policy implementing arm of the Ministry of Communications. NITA is the agency responsible for implementing Ghana’s IT policies. Its mandate includes identifying, promoting and developing innovative technologies, standards, guidelines and practices among government agencies and local governments, as well as ensuring the sustainable growth of ICT via research & development planning and technology acquisition strategies to facilitate Ghana’s prospect of becoming a technology-driven, knowledge-and values-based economy as espoused in the e-Ghana project which ideally seeks to assist the Government generate growth and employment, by leveraging ICT and public-private partnerships.
The establishment of the National Information Technology Agency is essential for e-Government to take off in Ghana. E-Government, being an essential component of the e-Ghana project will contribute to improved efficiency, transparency and accountability in selected Government functions.
The objects are:
- To regulate the provision of information communications technology.
- Ensure the provision of quality information communications technology.
- Promote standards of efficiency.
- Ensure high quality of service
Visit the One Stop-Service Center for the following services
- eServices /ePayment Online Application Services
- Self Service Computers and Scanners for the general public engaging in our online services.